Saturday, June 4, 2011

Memorial Day Vacation

Its been so long since I've posted, but we're finally home and now I can update!  Since we couldn't really take a real vacation this summer with Hudson's upcoming arrival drawing closer, we decided to extend our Memorial Day long weekend into a week trip.  We started off at the lake for 4 days.  We were lucky enough to have the Atkinson's join us for part of the weekend and it was SO much fun.  The kids all had a blast and the adults enjoyed each other's company.  The weather was perfect and it was a great weekend.  


From the lake we made our way to North Carolina to visit my family.  While we were there we got to visit with my grandmother, go to the beach, have some pool time, and see a lot of my extended family too.


Since we weren't going to be with my parents for the 4th of July like we normally are, the girls got to do some sparklers a little early.



Robby and I also got to have a night out while we were there and thanks to a suggestion by my mom, we also enjoyed a quiet lunch outdoors by the water, dockside, on our last day there.



I was happy to be able to spend some quality time with my grandmother.  The girls enjoyed rocking on her porch, trying to feed the sea gulls in front of her house on the water, and playing with my dad's old toys she still has around.



(During the week I used two cameras, but unfortunately I've only been able to download from one so far...I'll have a lot of other pictures to share after the first of the week, including details about our time on the boat at the lake and the WONDERFUL time the girls had at the beach.)

4 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

So far, it looks like the PERFECT trip to me!!!

Stefanie said...

Love the family picture. You all look great! Glad you had a good time. We'll miss you when we head up for the 4th.

Erica said...

Sounds like y'all had a great week! I love the family picture and the one of the girls with your Grandmother. Very sweet.

Can't wait to read more about your trip!

Samantha said...

Just when I think your girls couldn't be any cuter -- those pics of them in the pink/green dresses are too adorable! Sounds like you've been packing in the fun -- pregnancy's not slowing you down a bit!