Monday, June 27, 2011

Daddy/Daughter date and getting ready for Hudson

We had a wonderful weekend and one highlight included Handley and Robby having a daddy/daughter movie date to see Cars 2.  Handley chose this special treat as her reward for filling up her marble jar again.  Her request was that it just be she and Robby and that they get sprite and popcorn when they went.  She was so excited and couldn't wait for their special date. 

While they were doing that, Harper and I ran a few errands and then I took her for her special treat.  She had also filled up her marble jar and told me she wanted ice cream for her treat so we compromised with a birthday cake milkshake from Zaxby's.  

The other highlight of the weekend included the girls having a sleep over with Gigi and Papa and me getting tons of stuff done around the house to prepare for Hudson.  I washed all his clothes, linens, etc., made the girls "Big Sis" shirts, and organized all the baby gear at the bottom of our basement steps so that it is all ready to be brought up at a moments notice.  The only thing I haven't done is pack my bag and after today's doctor's appointment I'm thinking I can still wait a while on that one.  No progress yet.  While I expected to have something to report, I'm honestly pretty happy.  I still feel pretty good and I'm just having SO much fun with the girls this summer.  I'm really enjoying our pool and play time together and I want to soak up every day possible doing those fun things with them.  Don't get me wrong...I'm really excited for Hudson to arrive and for us to figure out our new normal, but I want the girls and I to continue our fun summer activities for as long as possible because I know that after Hudson is born all of that will stop for at least a little while.  

This week Handley is doing a camp with Avery each morning.  When I dropped her off this morning Harper was sad that she couldn't be going to camp too.  I promised her that in a few weeks she was going to be going to camp at their school.  This afternoon we made our way to the pool.  The girls just love getting to ride the golf cart there and have such a blast swimming with friends! 

5 comments:

Atkinson Family said...

So glad you enjoyed a great weekend in town. I do wish you had a pic of you and Robby before you went to your fun party :) I know it feels so good to have everything all set for Hudson! I am so excited to meet that little boy!!!

Anna Palmer said...

First. How cute are your girls in those glasses and swim suits? I love it. I have two boys so I always have a little pink envy. If you are using a marble jar at home maybe you would like to check out my marble jar app for the ipod, iphone or ipad. That way you can have your jar (or jars) with you on the go. It has worked well for us. (But I am biased :)) http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/marble-jar/id444902155?mt=8

Julie, the mama said...

I still get tickled every time you mention the golf cart, and those swimsuits are adorable.

I am totally on Hudson Watch up here.

Erica said...

Glad you were able to get so much done and I love the pic of the girls in the back of the golf cart!

Unknown said...

Love the swimsuits...did you make them? :)