Friday, March 25, 2011

SO proud of Harper

I don't have any pictures to share, but I do have GREAT news.  Harper has done SO very well these past two days with the potty training.  Yesterday was our first day out of the house and I don't know why I was so worried.  She used the big potty (for the first time ever) at Chick-fil-a like it was nothing.  She has also been telling me when she needs to go and acts like she's been doing this for months.  She's had no pee-pee accidents the past 3 days and today was 100% accident free.  We are so incredibly proud of her!!!

That little stinker has also learned to use the whole potty thing as a way to prolong her nap-time and bedtime.  Every time I put her down she tells me she needs to go, even though she literally just left the restroom before getting in bed.

Today when I was getting ready to read Harper her books before nap-time she told me, "NO Mommy, Ree-ree books." (She calls Handley, Ree-ree).  She wanted Handley to read her books to her so I left the room while they were sitting together in her chair and Handley told Harper the stories from some of her books. It was the sweetest thing ever and I tried to sneak in for a picture to capture that moment, but the second Harper saw me she told me to leave.  I just cannot get over how sweet these two are together and how much they love each other.  After her books I was allowed in the room and put her down for her nap, but not before she told me she needed to go potty.

4 comments:

Jason, Erin, Ella, and Colin said...

Such precious memory! I bet it was killing you not to get a picture--haha:)

Julie, the mama said...

Oh, I love that story. And I love that she calls her Ree-Ree. I think Boss will graduate from college still calling Hendley Nene. Wonder if our babies will use those names for the big girls?

HOTDOG on the potty training news. Hope I have as good of luck with the Bosser.

Erica said...

It's going to be so nice to have a break from diapers for a few months! And just think of what a pro at using the potty Harper will be by the time Hudson gets here. You won't even have to think about it! Yay for both of you!

Love those sweet sisters.

the mckechnies said...

way to go, Harper! and that story is entirely too adorable. :)