Thursday, March 10, 2011

Handley's first sleepover

Handley is having her very first sleepover at a friend's house tonight.  She is spending the night with her best friend, Avery.  She's been talking about doing this for months now and all this week leading up to the big event she was beside herself with excitement.  So excited that she woke me up at 6 AM this morning to tell me she couldn't wait and, according to her teachers, she told them all about it today at school.

We met up with the Atkinsons tonight for dinner at a local pizza place and then Handley headed home with them.  All was going well until Harper realized exactly what was happening.  She was so sad and tried her hardest not to cry but as soon as the tears started rolling, they didn't stop.  She kept saying Handley's name and that she wanted to go in Tiara's car with Handley.  I asked her, "Don't you want to stay with mommy?" and her prompt response was "NO!"  Then after waving good-bye through her tears she kept saying Handley's name and telling me she didn't want to go with me the whole ride home.  I thought she'd calmed down, but apparently not because when we got home she started up again.



I promised her we'd see Handley in the morning and that before long she could have a sleepover of her own.  Thankfully, she used the potty shortly after these pictures were taken and got and M&M which made her perk right up.

I got a text from Tiara just a little bit ago that after tucking the girls in a bunch of times, Handley was finally asleep and that Avery was not far behind her. :-)  I'm so happy she is getting to have this fun night!  Thank you, Tiara, for letting her stay over tonight.

I had my big 21 week ultrasound yesterday and I'm so thankful that Hudson appears to be very healthy and is growing right on track.  Aside from gaining more weight than I'd like to admit, all is going very well with this pregnancy.  Harper tagged along with me to the appointment since Handley was at school and the rest of the afternoon she was pretending to go to the doctor to have the baby in her belly checked out. :-)

5 comments:

Jason, Erin, Ella, and Colin said...

Her sad little face is just the cutest thing ever! I think I would want to frame those:)

Erica said...

How fun for those girls! Poor Harper, though :( Bonnie wants to be a big girl so bad, too, and get to do everything that Grace does.

So glad everything with Hudson looks good!

Julie, the mama said...

Ok, so this sleepover thing is BIG TIME. I still remember my first!

And sweet, precious, darling Harper. That little girl sure LOVES her big sister. Things like this won't be quite so traumatic when Hudson arrives, I bet!

Can't wait to hear about all of the fun Handley and Avery had tonight.

Alison LeBlanc said...

Harper is too sweet. Jude does the same thing every time we take Finnan to play group. And wow, a sleepover, how fun!

Stefanie said...

I just laughed out loud looking at Harper's pictures. Too funny!