Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Potty Training

I'm potty training Harper this week and it is just about to wear me out.  We've had lots of ups and downs and I don't quite know how the rest of the week will go.  Yesterday after lunch time I had myself thinking that maybe now wasn't the right time for her because all she'd done up to that point was drink a lot of juice and pee on the floor.  However, she woke up from her nap and it seemed to "click."  She ended up using the potty a few times and got a conversation heart (her candy of choice) each time.  She was very proud and we were so happy to celebrate her success!

This morning she was happy to put on her panties when she woke up and again did really well.


She had no accidents before her nap and was even telling us nonchalantly when she needed to go.  I was thinking as she napped that this was it, she was set, and we were on the way to being diaper free.

Dancing and showing off her big girl panties




 After her nap she woke up in one of her stubborn moods and nothing I offered gave her any interest in going potty.  She was also really distracted by having playgroup at our house today and running around laughing like crazy with Handley later this evening.  Thankfully we ended the night on a good note so I'm hopeful that tomorrow will be an almost accident free day.

I know she can do it!  As my mom told me tonight, I just have to be more stubborn than she is and keep at it. :-)

11 comments:

Kathy Mills said...

She is so precious. Good luck. I know you can do it1 (I mean she can do it:-)

Unknown said...

Wow! Look at those beautiful blue eyes! She is gorgeous! Good luck the rest of the week!

Erica said...

She is so cute! You really need to frame that last picture of her.

Potty training can be so exhausting, but I know she'll be great at using the big girl potty in no time!

Samantha said...

What a doll! Good for you for trying at such a young age -- I see the wisdom in starting before school (and baby number 3) for sure! She looks like an angel in that last pic!

Renee said...

Oh, Reese is (and was during potty training) so stubborn. I feel your pain!! You will make it through!!

Alison LeBlanc said...

Gorgeous picture of her! Sounds like you guys are doing well to me. Best of luck for the rest of the week.

Jennifer said...

Oh I love the dancing in her underwear pictures...definitely a keeper for her future wedding slideshow. :) Good luck and I hope the week gets better and better!

Julie, the mama said...

Yep. There were some wedding slideshow pics in that bunch.

Hope tomorrow is a GREAT day in the world of potty training.

Katie Jones said...

OH my gosh, she is so cute! Potty training is so hard. Good luck!

Stacey said...

That is one beautiful little girl!!!

Unknown said...

Try the towel potty training method.