Friday, March 18, 2011

Recap of our sick week

It's been almost a week since I've posted, but I've had a good reason.  We've been dealing with the stomach bug at our house. :-(

The week started off great.  On Monday we attended one of Handley's great friends' birthday parties.  Addyson was turning 4 and her mom had planned a super cute candy shop themed party.  The kids all had a blast jumping in the princess bounce house, whacking at their first pinata and filling up on all sorts of goodies.





That night around 2 AM Handley I woke up to Handley calling me from her bed where she had gotten sick.  After cleaning her up (and starting on the first of what would be about 20 loads of laundry for the week) I ended up on the couch with her all night.  Bless her heart, she just couldn't sleep because she was getting sick every 30 mins or so and couldn't even keep down a few sips of water.  Tuesday she layed on the couch all day and didn't eat a thing.  Harper couldn't figure out why Handley wouldn't play with her.  I explained to Handley that we wanted to try to keep Harper out of her face so they wouldn't share germs so every time Harper would approach Handley, she would yell out for me, "Harper is getting close to me!!!"

Later that day Harper seemed to have a touch of the stomach bug, but it only lasted for about 2 hours and then she was totally over it.  It was the weirdest thing, but I certainly wasn't complaining.  I kept Handley home from school on Wednesday to be safe and because she still hadn't eaten anything and was so incredibly weak.  She even asked me to help her walk to the bathroom and down the stairs.



Thankfully, after eating breakfast and resting a little more she perked right up and the rest of the day we spent at the library checking out new books and outside playing.  I was so thankful that this was all behind us and that everyone was feeling better.

I spoke too soon because that night after putting the girls to bed I started feeling bad and ended up spending 1/2 the night being sick.  I was very grateful that the next morning was "donuts with dad" day at pre-school, which meant I could stay on the couch while Robby took Handley to school and enjoyed donuts with her.  He also got to attend chapel with her class, so she was very happy he could stay even at her school even longer.  She had been looking forward to this day ALL year long.


 After not feeling so great yesterday, I woke up this morning back to normal and this time I am VERY thankful that this is all behind us.  We're looking forward to the gorgeous weather this weekend and can't wait to get out and enjoy it!

5 comments:

Atkinson Family said...

So, so , so happy to have all the Posener ladies healthy and happy just in time for some gorgeous spring weather. I can't help but think ahead to this time next year with handsome Hudson! Girl you are going to be superwoman!! Great pictures and gorgeous girls! Happy weekend, and glad you will get some CB time!!!

Jason, Erin, Ella, and Colin said...

I am so sorry to hear about all the sickness! Ella woke up this morning with Croup...ugh!

Erica said...

Oh no, not the stomach bug! Why do illnesses always strike in the middle of the night?? I hope you are all feeling better now.

Love all the pictures!

Julie, the mama said...

If there was ever a good excuse not to blog, a stomach bug is it! Poor thing.

Glad to hear good health has returned. Hope it is here to STAY!

Samantha said...

What a nightmare -- I'm so sorry you girls felt so bad and I'm so glad you are feeling better!! I can't imagine going through that being pregnant, but you are definitely superwoman as Tiara said!