Friday, March 11, 2011

Sleepover Success!!!

Well, they did it!  I when I got a call from Tiara around 8:30 PM telling me that she wasn't sure how it would all go down, I got worried.  Apparently Handley was telling her that she didn't think she could go to sleep.  However, both girls ended up going to sleep and didn't make a peep until morning.  They both felt that the going to sleep part of the sleepover wasn't quite as fun as the playing part, but had lots of fun the rest of the time they were together. 



To read Tiara's account of how the evening went, check out her blog here.

After Handley got back home we got ready and headed out to meet Jen for her birthday lunch.  The girls were more interested in seeing little Parker than they were to eat.  They just love him and Harper can't keep her hands off of his paci (she keeps trying to push it in his mouth every chance she gets).  Happy Birthday Jen!



A few funny things that came out of Handley's mouth today that made me laugh: 


As we were walking in a parking lot and Harper was not wanting to hold my hand, Handley told her, "Harper, you have to hold mommy's hand because cars are coming and then you might get hurt or dead and that wouldn't be good." 

At night she is really obsessed with being afraid of the dark and worried that a burglar is going to come to our house.  She always asks if our doors are locked and wonders if they have a tall ladder to get into her window.  I always reassure her that we are fine, there are no burglars and that she needs to go to bed.  Tonight she told me, "Daddy is here so he would punch a burglar in the face if he came in our house, right?" I wish I could help her to be calm at night and not be so afraid, but so far I haven't found anything that works. 


1 comment:

Julie, the mama said...

So excited for the sleepover success. That is awesome.

And those pictures just made my heart happy. Every one of them.

Also, not sure if you've noticed it but Harper is looking so much like a little girl these days.