Thursday, September 30, 2010

Refreshery

We've been enjoying the cooler weather this week. It's still warm enough for our summer clothes, but it feels so wonderful so we've been spending lots of time outdoors.  Yesterday when we went outside Handley said, "Wow!  It's so refreshery today."  I think she meant refreshing.  Earlier this week she said it felt cold and I told her it felt refreshing.

Yesterday we met our friends Charlie and Madelyn Kate at a near-by park to play.  Before going Handley wanted to put on her lipstick and when I was packing some snacks she asked if we could bring some apples to share with Charlie.  I think she has a crush on him. :-) They had a blast playing together.  He's so sweet to her and they play very well together.


Harper and Madelyn Kate are only 4 months apart and Harper just squeals with excitement when she sees her sweet friend.  She is so happy to have friends her age to play with.


This evening while we were playing in the back yard Handley told me that Harper was being disobedient.  Ha!  I asked her what that word meant and she told me the correct definition.  Then I asked her where she had heard that word and she said that her teacher has used it at school.  It sounded so funny coming out of her mouth!

2 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

Refreshery cracks me up!!! I know we say this all the time, but I think the stage they are in right now is the BEST. I love all of the things they say at this age!

Jamie Clark said...

Too cute! Your girls are beautiful. Its amazing what kids say. I have so much to look forward to :-)