Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A quick getaway

Handley is on Fall Break this week at school so I decided to come up to Wilmington for a quick getaway and visit my parents for the week. I was back and forth about making the 7 hour drive by myself, but didn't have to because my BFF, Jen, decided to come along with me!  Talk about a fun girls trip!

Today we started out the day by heading to the beach.  The weather was perfect and there was hardly anyone there so we had the run of the place.  The girls enjoyed playing in the sand, searching for shells and splashing in the water.


This evening we went down to my grandparents house for a visit.  They live on the intercoastal waterway, so there is all sorts of fun to be had there.  After tossing hickory nuts in the water we tossed out some old bread for the sea gulls.  At first there were only 1 or two birds, but they must have sent out a call to all their sea gull buddies because they came from EVERYWHERE!


No comments: