Saturday, September 4, 2010

How 'bout them DAWGS???


We were excited about the start of college football today.  We woke up to cooler temperatures, so it made it feel like fall and football weather.  Handley and Harper were thrilled to finally get to wear their "Go Dawgs" cheerleader outfits.  We're planning to make it to Athens for at least one game this fall, but for today we enjoyed dressing in red and black and cheering on the DAWGS to victory from our living room.

This afternoon we went to the US 10K Family Festival.  A little something about me that not everyone knows is that I LOVE festivals.  It doesn't matter what kind or what they are for, I love them all.  I love being outdoors, all the people, the music, all the things to do and look at, fun activities, free giveaways and free entertainment.  Robby often jokes about me and my love, but I think deep down he enjoys it too.  There were tons of free sample give-away booths today including snacks, drinks, and popcicles!  There were also lots of kids games and activities to take part in.  A lot of them were for older kids, but Handley was able to take part in a couple of them.  She and Robby tried to do a Gladiator type event.  However, the joust was so heavy Handley could hardly hang on to it so their turn didn't last too long.


After that we enjoyed an outdoor pizza dinner, complete with live music and a real train drive-by (thanks for the suggestion of New York Pizza Exchange in Vinings from my friend, Chancey) and topped it off with frozen yogurt for dessert.  Handley kept asking why everyone else didn't have their "Go Dawgs" outfits on. Ha!  We just told her that not everyone loved the Bulldogs as much as us. :-)

It was a great start to our long weekend!

3 comments:

Jason, Erin, Ella, and Colin said...

Sounds like a great day! I love the NY Pizza Exchange:) And did you go to Yoforia for yogurt?? I think that place is AWESOME!

Julie, the mama said...

LOVE the cheerleading uniforms. Hendley is going to be a UGA cheerleader for Halloween and I can't wait to order her uniform!

I also LOVE festivals. They always have the best people watching.

Glad y'all had a perfect kickoff to a great weekend. Go Dawgs!

Jennifer said...

What a fun day! They look soooooo cute in their uniforms!