Saturday, July 31, 2010

Talking with Handley

I just love some talking with Handley these days and watching her figuring out how the world works.  She is so inquisitive, is constantly asking questions and making observations about things she sees.  It's also funny for me to hear some phrases that I know she's picked up on from me or Robby.  I had to record some of them here so I could remember them for years to come.

********************************************************************

"Oh my gosh. Harper, this is going to be SO much fun!" 

********************************************************************

"Daddy, I have something very important to tell you."

*********************************************************************

She was doing some arts and crafts and playing with stamps.
Handley - Can I stamp this on my arm. 
Me- No, those stamps are for paper.  
Handley- Well some people have stamps on their body. 
Me- Really, like who? 
Handley- Like some boys do on their backs.  

I'm pretty sure she was talking about tattoos.  I explained to her that some people have tattoos and that they are like stamps that will never wash off.

*****************************************************************

At a gas station filling up she looked over and exclaimed, "Mommy, that man doesn't have a roof on his car."  I then explained the concept of a convertible to her.  Later that week we saw another convertible and she was proud to know exactly what it was.

*******************************************************************

Handley- Will I still be Handley when I grow up?
Me- Yes, you will always be Handley.
Handley- Will I be a boy or a girl?
Me- You'll always be a girl.  When you grow up you will be a mommy. 
Handley- Who will be my baby?  Will it be Harper?
Me- Nope, Harper will always be my baby and your sister.
Handley- When will Harper be born again? 
Me- She won't be born again honey. She's growing bigger each day and will keep getting bigger, just like you.  Why do you want her to be born again?
Handley- So I can hold her. 


I reminded her that a lot of our friends are getting ready to have babies and that I'm sure she will be able to hold those babies soon. That made her really happy!

2 comments:

Lizzi said...

oh goodness, she can hold Baby G any time! That is just the sweetest thing ever.

Alison LeBlanc said...

I love it! I need to start recording these things too!