Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Happy 4th of July

We spent most of the day on the beach before heading back to my parents' house for nap-time.  I slept longer than I had expected when I layed down on the couch, but after chasing Handley and Harper around all day at the beach I guess I was just worn out! I woke up to Handley singing "Happy Birthday America."  Robby had tried to explain it to her, but then she turned to him and asked, "Who is America?"  I guess that one is  little tough for a 3-year-old to grasp. That evening we had dinner, played outside for a while, and then got ready to head over to my grandparents house to watch the fireworks.  They live on the inter-coastal waterway and just across from them is a private island that has a great firework display.  We had a great view and it was a fun way to end our holiday weekend.  

Everyone sitting on the dock watching the fireworks
Handley, Aunt Stefanie, Harper and Uncle Trey
Handley with both of her Great-Grandmother's on my side of the family

No comments: