Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Handley's week with Mimi and Dadaw

We arrived in Wilmington during wee hours of the night, so we got to see Handley the next morning.  She was thrilled to see us, but then went right back to wanting Mimi to do everything for her.  During our weekend there I kept reminding her that she would be coming back to our house and every time she would tell me that she just wanted to stay at Mimi and Dadaw's house.  It took some convincing on Monday morning, but thankfully she got in our car to head home without too much of a fight.  It didn't hurt my feelings one bit that she wanted to stay though.  I'm happy she feels so at home there with my parents.  Heck, with all the fun stuff she did all week, I'd probably want to stay too. :-) 

She spent lots of time outdoors swimming

picked blackberries that made delicious smoothies 


saw Toy Story 3
played games at Chucke Cheese


got to hang out with her pal, Paxton 
ate dinner at my uncle's place and a Wilmington favorite, Capt'n Bills
and got to spend some quality time with her great-grandparents.



No comments: