Sunday, July 11, 2010

A day with Daddy

Yesterday while I was at a baby shower Robby took the girls to the mall to try to get his watch fixed.  They had Chick-fil-a at the food court for lunch and on the way out Robby stopped at a make-up counter and asked if they would do a little make-over on Handley.  He sent me this picture and the caption said, "My little Diva."  

I was surprised that he'd taken them both to the mall and I was REALLY surprised that he'd thought to do something so special and girly for Handley.  When I got home she looked up to me with really big eyes and in kind of a whispery-wonderful voice said, "Mommy, I got make-up!" She told me she got lipsticks and that she picked out pink with the brush (I'm guessing maybe a little blush??).  

After a low key afternoon including washing the cars, Robby took on double duty because that evening I went out with some girlfriends to see the new Twilight movie, Eclipse. While I was gone for the night they took a long wagon ride, threw rocks in the stream, ate a pizza dinner and had a "watermelon party" on the back porch.  I always miss the girls when I'm gone for a few hours like that, but I'm so thankful that they have such a great Daddy who does fun, creative stuff with them.  I am lucky that I get to be around them all day, every day so I think it's great for them to get some two-on-one time with Daddy too, without me around.  

2 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

Go Robby!!! What a sweet, thoughtful daddy. And what a fun memory for Handley!

I was so glad to see that you said you missed the girls when you are away for a couple of hours. I feel the same way.

Still, like you, I realize the importance of giving these sweet daddy's some alone time with their kiddos.

Atkinson Family said...

What a day with Daddy! Very impressive and so glad they all had so much fun!