Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Out with the old...In with the NEW

My washing machine, which I'm pretty sure was older than I am, started dying last week.  I tried to limp it though the week, but it just wasn't happening.  It was sounding worse and worse and the pile of laundry was growing and growing.  After reading hours of reviews, ratings, and specifications about new washers we finally decided on one this one and I can't tell you how happy I am.  I've been eyeing the fancy, energy efficient, water saving washers and dryers for some time now.  It just so happened that Lowe's had their energy efficient appliances on sale through yesterday and after a quick stop at the post office for a change of address packet I got a coupon for an additional 10% off (a slick move that would make my brother, the king of coupons, proud).

Out with the old...
In with the NEW!!!
I mean, welcome to the 21st century!  I've done about 4 loads of laundry so far and I swear I can tell a difference.  The girls clothes are the ones I feel are always the dirtiest and stained with everything from watermelon to chocolate milk, but NO MORE!  The few things of theirs I have washed today came out SO clean that I was amazed.  When our old washer would start the "washing" or "spin" cycles Handley would often ask if Daddy was home because it sounded like the garage door opening.  I'm not kidding.  This new one is so quiet and even plays a happy little tune when the load is finished.  

Now, my dryer is still an ancient machine that sends lint covering my entire laundry room, but I'm hoping that maybe it will die out in the next 6 months or so and we can replace it too. :-)  Handley was so pleased to see our fancy new washer in the laundry room when we she got home from camp today.  She helped me push the button to start the first load and together we sat in front of it for a good 10 minutes just watching it do it's thing. 

I never thought doing laundry would make me happy, but today, it did.  And, as they say, when mama's happy, everybody is happy.  

4 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

If that doesn't make you want to do the wash, NOTHING will! Fancy-smancy!!!

Erica said...

Love it! And love the new blog background, too.

Jason, Erin, Ella, and Colin said...

I am so excited you got your front-loader!!!

Stefanie said...

haha. I just laughed out loud at your shout out to Trey. So sad, but true. haha Glad you're enjoying the upgrade.