Sunday, January 31, 2010

Ski Trip 2010





We just returned from our ski trip to Copper Mountain in Colorado.  This was a really special trip because it was the first time Handley got to try skiing.  

She picked it up right away and loved it!  I think part of the fun for her was riding the "magic carpet" up the bunny slope.  Robby and I were so proud of her and can just imagine what our family ski trips will be like in the future.  

***See the bottom of this post for a video of her skiing***


There was an ice skating pond you could go on without ice skates.  They had these little things you could push along to help you balance.  Robby kept walking in weird directions with Handley, but then I finally realized what he was doing. 


She also had a blast playing with her cousin, Rylan, who lives in Colorado.  We don't get to see him as often as we would like, but she took full advantage of the time we had and copied his every move.  



Rylan is a natural skier and rides all the way up the big chair lift with his mom and dad.  I was so impressed for a kid that isn't even 3 yet! 


We spent one morning at the tubing hill. I took a ride down with Handley and it was a lot faster than I was expecting.  




While everyone else was tubing I let Harper check out the snow. 

The kids had fun playing in the snow cave.  Handley called it the snow house and didn't want to come out.  









8 comments:

Renee said...

How cool!!

The Dillards said...

That looks like fun. Brad is leaving today to go skiing for a day in Maggie Valley NC. I went three or four years ago and haven't been able to make the trip since. I wish someone would have tried to teach me so young because learning in your 20s can be scary but Copper looks beautiful!

Katie Weber said...

We have been talking about when we will take our first family ski trip. Did you ever put Harper in a backpack and ski? Logan has suggested that, but I'm not so sure Ava would like it. That is so awesome that Handley skiied!

Erica said...

SO much fun!! Handley looks like a natural!

Atkinson Family said...

What a wonderful trip! I love all the great pics and can't believe Handley skied! Her name in the pond is pretty neat too! By the way, Thanks for helping me out yesterday!

Alison LeBlanc said...

Great job, Handley! I am very impressed!

Jennifer said...

Looks like it was such a fun trip! I can't wait to hear all about it! The photos are awesome! I loved the one with Harper looking at the snow and Handley with her arms so big.:) The video was so cute...I was shocked at how good she was keeping her balance going so fast!

Jason, Erin, Ella, and Colin said...

Your pictures are great!! I am so glad you guys had fun:)