Saturday, January 23, 2010

Handley pedals by herself

This is how we ended our week yesterday afternoon...

Pushing both of them to the cul-de-sac and back all while trying to keep them both going in the same direction is quite an arm workout for me! 

Handley is just loving her new tricycle that Santa brought her.  After the first few times she tried to ride it I wasn't sure that she would ever figure out how to pedal on her own.  However, we have practiced almost every day this past week and now she can ride all by herself (for very short distances).  


There are a few things Handley has said recently that made me smile - 

I have been working on manners with her and recently when I ask her if she needs to go potty she'll sweetly reply, "no thank you." 

Yesterday she was getting some goldfish for a snack and Harper started fussing and crawling towards her.  She said, "Don't you worry Harper, I'm going to share some with you."  

She loves to sing and make up songs.  Some of her newest lyrics are "Harper is the best baby I've ever seen." :-) 

She loves to put on chap-stick and this morning she asked me for a specific one.  "I like that blue one, it's my favor" (favorite)

2 comments:

Erica said...

Yea Handley!

I love the quotes - I actually just sat down with a list of Grace quotes to blog!

Alison LeBlanc said...

Cute! Finnan has started making up songs for us too, I love it.