Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Kitchen curtains

Making curtains for my kitchen has been on my house to-do list since we moved in over two years ago.  I just couldn't seem to decide what style of window treatment I wanted so I  kept putting the project off.  A few weeks ago we were over at a friends house for dinner and I loved her kitchen curtains.  I asked if she minded if I took a closer look at how they were made and decided to search for fabric that next week. 

I've only sewn with a pattern a few times and that has been for clothes I've made for the girls.  I usually just draw out what I want, make my own pattern using wrapping paper (if I even do a pattern) and then start piecing things together.  These were definitely the most involved/technical ones I've done, but I love the way they turned out.  


6 comments:

Katie Jones said...

Ohhhh - I need a tutorial! Kitchen curtains are on my to-do list, too!

Jason, Erin, Ella, and Colin said...

They look great!

Atkinson Family said...

Love the curtains!!! You did a great job! I can't wait to see them in person. Maybe I will get motivated to try some around our house. I also can't believe Harper is 9 months! Wow, that flew by. She is just adorable. I also can't believe how cute our girls are together. They crack me up!

Kathy Mills said...

LOVE them!!

Erica said...

Those look fantastic!

Unknown said...

OMG! I LOVE them!!! I want some now!!!