Monday, June 15, 2009

Handley's Ice Cream Party

On Saturday we celebrated Handley's 2nd Birthday with an ice cream party.  Originally I had said I was not going to do a big party this year, but after seeing how excited Handley was when we started talking about her birthday I changed my mind. I really wanted it to be a special day for her.  

To say that she was excited about her party would be an understatement.  It's all she talked about for several weeks.  She'd say, "Who's birthday is coming up? Handley's birthday!! 2!!! (while holding up 5 fingers). 

Our ice cream party involved a yummy pizza lunch, cup cake
s, and an ice cream bar complete with all the toppings.  I think everyone had a great time and Handley loved having all her friends there to help celebrate her special day.  

The invitations

Handley helping me make cupcakes the day before
The birthday girl waiting for her guests to arrive. My mom made Handley's ice cream dress and a cute matching bubble suit for Harper. 
Daddy's girl
A family shot
We were so happy to have Mimi and Dadaw (my parents) in town for the party
Blowing out the candles on her cupcake.  I had her practice several times t
he day before so she'd know just what to do when the time came.  
Handley and Harper with Gigi and Papa (Robby's parents).  


Handley loves her new swing...birthday present from Mommy and Daddy. 

Handley and Daddy by the cupcake and ice cream table. 


Mimi with both girls
Playing her new guitar...a gift from Aunt Stefanie and Uncle Trey
Mowing the grass...a gift from Gigi and Papa.  There's a little story behind this gift.  Handley is obsessed with people mowing the grass.  She loves to watch her Daddy, our next door neighbor, landscapers in our neighborhood, etc. mow the grass. I kept telling her that maybe she could get a lawn mower for her birthday and so every time we'd pass someone mowing the grass on our daily walks she'd say, "Handley mow grass for birthday."  




5 comments:

Kathy Mills said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathy Mills said...

Looks like a fun day! How did our girls turn 2 so fast?!

Renee said...

What a fun idea! It looks like the party was fabulous! I can't believe your mom made her dress! I love those dresses on little girls!!

Katie Jones said...

I may steal the ice cream social idea next year for Katie Anne! It looks like such a fun party! You did a great job on all the personal touches, like the invites. The dress and bubble suit were too precious!

Stacey said...

Love it all! You are such a good party planner!!!