Monday, November 24, 2008

What's in a name???

Handley's first and middle name have family ties. Why Handley Isabelle?

Handley was my great-grandmother's maiden name and has been used a lot in my family for middle names, including my grandfather's middle name. I always knew that if I had a little girl I wanted to name her Handley.

Isabelle was Robby's great-grandmother's middle name. She was Helen Isabel (Robby's mom is named after her...Helen). We decided to change the spelling from Isabel to Isabelle to make it a little more "Southern."

Our new baby girl will be Harper Elizabeth. Why Harper Elizabeth?

Harper is a name that Robby and I have both liked for a long time. I think even before we were married we talked about the name and how we'd like to use it for one of our kids. It was actually our "boy" name if Handley had been a boy. We decided we loved it for a girl or boy.

Elizabeth was my middle name, prior to getting married. I was named after my great-aunt on my mother's side, my grandmother's sister.


"I have called you by name, you are mine." ~ Isaiah 43:1

1 comment:

Katie Jones said...

I love the name Harper! Handley and Harper- very cute together. Plus, anything monogrammed with an H can be worn by both! :)