Friday, November 21, 2008

Look what happened in Target!


You may not know this, but Handley is NOT one to just fall asleep when she is tired. Conditions have to be right...in her crib, lights off, sound machine on, etc. She will sometimes fall asleep in the car if it is nearing her nap time, but even that is a rare occurrence. This summer I had the bright idea to leave for the beach right around her bedtime thinking she'd sleep the entire 7 hour drive. Do you think she slept? Nope. She finally fell asleep around 1 AM, but we were almost there by that time. Anyway, you can imagine my surprise when I looked down in Target and saw that she was totally passed out in the cart. If you look close enough, you can see she still has an Animal Cracker in her hand. :-)

I thought for sure when I started moving she'd wake up, but she just switched into a more comfortable position.
Then I thought as soon as I went to pay and started talking to the cashier she'd wake up, but she stayed asleep. She finally woke up outside when I tried to pull the hood up on her jacket. That made her sit up straight (still asleep) but then she fell over and hit her head on the side of the cart. That finally woke her up!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's adorable! Where did you get that shopping cart cover? I still need to buy one but don't care for the ones in the store.

Unknown said...

That is soooo funny!! She had way too much fun at California Pizza Kitchen!! She is so adorable and it was so nice to have lunch with ya'll. I can't wait to do it again!