Friday, November 14, 2008

Thank you Mimi and Dadaw


A while back you may remember that I posted about Handley and how she loves to "help" me out in the kitchen. I had a hard time finding a way to get her up to the counter level in a save way though. I wanted to get her the kitchen helper/learning tower, so my parents offered to buy it for her as a Christmas gift. They decided to go ahead and send it to us early so she could start using it and I'm so happy they did! I put it together after she went to bed and the next morning she went straight to it. I showed her how to climb up and her face lit up right away. That morning she helped me "cook" her waffle for breakfast. The rest of the day she kept climbing up on the stool and when I asked her what she was doing she said, "cook-cook" and when I asked her what she was going to cook she said, "waffle." So cute!



She loves being able to climb up and see what I'm doing up on the counter. Tonight we had appetizers before dinner and she kept climbing up, getting a bite or two, then getting down and running off to play with her toys before climbing back up for more.

This morning I took a little video of her helping me puree sweet potatoes for her sweet potato pancakes. She loved getting to push the buttons on the food processor.



If you are wondering how I was able to record the video, I did it on my brand new Flip video recorder. It was my birthday gift from Robby's parents and seriously the neatest thing I've ever seen. It is no bigger than my cell phone or my point-and-shoot camera and only has 3 buttons on it so it is super easy to use. The best part about it is that it plugs right into your computer and automatically uploads to your computer or video sharing websites such as You Tube. Get ready for lots of fun videos from me.

7 comments:

Katie Jones said...

Oh my gosh, I love the kitchen helper tower! I wish I had one- that looks amazing, and that will be something you can use for the girls for a long time. I couldn't see the video, though... it said the video was no longer available!

Kathy Mills said...

Guess what just went on Marlee's Christmas wish list!!!!!

My gosh you are getting to be the professional blogger. I feel like I have found my "inner stalker" too:-)

Unknown said...

OMG!!! I love the kitchen helper!! I just added both to our christmas list!! Love the video!!!!!

Jason, Erin, Ella, and Colin said...

Great products!! Hope Handley is over her cold:) Looking forward to Tuesday's Kangazoom playdate!

the mckechnies said...

i am sooo jealous! as you know, i've been dying for a learning tower for mairin. i'm so glad handley loves it!

The Nardello's said...

Hey Carrie Beth!!!! I found your blog through Allison's - hope you don't mind? Anyway, just wanted to say hi and OMG your daughter is ADORABLE! I've got a blog up too, so feel free to browse! Hope to talk to you soon! - Shari (Noyes) Nardello

Nicole and Jeff said...

SHE IS SO CUTE! I love her face when she presses the button. Too cute. I love the picture of Handley on the top of your page...beautiful!