Friday, October 24, 2008

Yummy Cookies!




Today was a very rainy day, so Handley and I had to find ways to stay entertained inside. I needed to make cookies for our neighborhood's Halloween parade/party so I decided to let her help me out. The past few weeks I've started to let her help me "cook" and she loves it. Stirring, pushing buttons on the oven, and other seemingly small tasks are such a big deal to her.


This is how I get her up to the counter. I push a chair to the island and then put a bar stool on either side to block her in.


I'd love to have one of these "learning towers" for her, but it's kind of pricey, so for now a chair and bar stools works.


After icing the cookies Handley decided to eat hers. I told her not to make a mess, so this is what she did to and proceeded to lick the icing off of the cookie.


When I turned my back she grabbed the spoon and started licking away.


And our finished product!