Friday, October 17, 2008

Potty time

If you have children then you will appreciate this...Handley peed and pooped in the potty tonight for the first time. What I can't believe is that she did it not once, but twice!

The past month or so she's become very aware of her bodily functions so I figured I should at least have a little potty for her to start sitting on. This afternoon we went to Wal-mart, checked out the many different options, and decided on one that plays a "royal tune" every time she goes.

When we got home I pulled it out of the box and she wanted to sit on it right away. I figured she thought it was just a new seat. I put it in our bathroom downstairs, told her it was her potty and if she needed to "pee-pee" or "poo-poo" to tell me and she could sit on the potty. Of course, all night long we were running back and forth to the potty. One time she told me she needed to go so we went in and down she sat. I was not really paying much attention then all of the sudden, "da-da-na-na" the royal tune went off and sure enough, she had peed! I couldn't believe it. I got her a few smarties right away to reward her success. That must have gotten her on a roll because she went back to the potty a few other times this evening and heard that royal tune!

We'll see if it is beginners luck and how the rest of the weekend goes, but I'm excited to think that she might be potty trained by the time the next baby arrives in April. How wonderful would it be to not have 2 in diapers at the same time!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That is soo exciting CB!!! She will be going in the potty all the time in no time at all!! From my experience once little girls discover that they can go in the potty and not have to "wear" it...there is no looking back =)

Unknown said...

WOW! Good job Handley! That will be so nice to have her potty trained before the next bundle of joy arrives. I love that her potty makes noise when she goes...that's great!!

Stacey said...

I can't believe she peed and pooped!!! That blows my mind!! We have that same potty, but Tripp just likes to turn it over and make the music play that way!

Katie Jones said...

Awesome job, Handley! That would be so wonderful if she would be 100% trained by the time the new baby comes.