Thursday, May 28, 2015

Memorial Day Weekend at the Lake

As usual, we spent our first official weekend of summer at the lake.  It was tons of fun and we had lots of friends with us, too!  The weather was gorgeous and I think everyone had a great time.

Me and my mini-me enjoying time on the boat! 



Walker is getting braver each time he goes out and the water isn't as scary to him anymore.  What he loves is running up and down the beach and playing fetch over and over and over.


Robby got a paddle board recently and we are having so much fun with it!  

This was my first time trying it and it was awesome. I only paddled around for a second because the kids wanted a try, but I'm hooked.  

I was impressed by how well the girls were able to stay up and balance on their own.  They had been out with Robby before, but just as a passenger.  This time they actually got to really paddle on their own.



One night we went to dinner at our favorite, Lighthouse.  We go by boat, sit outside by the big grassy field, and the kids have a blast playing out there until their food arrives.  It works out great because then we get to have uninterrupted adult conversations.  It's a win-win!




On the way back home that night the girls were begging to jump in the lake with their clothes on.  Before we knew it, there were TONS of us in the water.  It as awesome and as we said all weekend, we were all making memories.  I hope these are the special memories my kids will remember from their childhood.


In other big news, Parker and Hudson had a sleepover together of the first time and we were shocked that they actually went to sleep and stayed asleep all night!  They were both so excited and it was so sweet.


No comments: