Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Getting Ready for Christmas

I know most of you know about my other blog, Magnolia Mamas, but in case you missed it, please be sure to check it out.  My BFF and I post on that blog daily so it takes up a bit more of my time.  I will definitely still keep posting personal stuff here because it serves as my online scrapbook, but if it's been a while since you have seen anything on here I wanted to be sure y'all knew about the other blog, too!  

After having a successful Thanksgiving here last week I was ready to pack up all of my fall stuff and get ready for Christmas.  I worked all day long and the kids loved helping me a little here and there.  We did the inside, the outside, and every nook and cranny we could find.  :-)

Robby stopped by Costco on his way home from work on Friday afternoon and picked up a tree for us.  For only $30 we got a heck of a tree!  That big tree did cause us a little bit of headache though.  While Robby and the kids were trying to get it into the stand outside it fell over and the very top broke off. Not a big deal though.  Then after it was almost completely decorated that night, Handley knocked it over.  Yep, the whole thing came toppling down.  Robby told her to be sure to get the ornaments all over and not in just one spot.  She took that to mean that the back needed ornaments, too so when she squeezed behind the tree and the wall she knocked it over.  Thankfully I was sitting right behind it and sort of half caught it before it totally hit the floor.  Only a handful of ornaments were broken, so we got it back up, did some more rearranging with the base, weighted it down a bit, and I finished redecorating after the kids were in bed.


I loved getting to decorate the outside of the house, too.  I have always wanted a big porch to drape garland on and I finally have that!  Of course we put out our favorite wooden reindeer, too!




And with it finally being December now the kids are loving the fun stuff like our elf on the shelf, Elfie back to visit, calling Santa and his helpers with the North Pole Communicator and opening a new door on their Chocolate Advent Calendars each day. (Thanks Great-Grandma!!!)



Of course we also are talking a lot about the real meaning of this holiday and while the girls love looking at our Nativity Scene, Hudson gets super excited every time he sees Baby Jesus.  In fact, yesterday while he and I were cruising the aisles of Hobby Lobby he screamed with excitement every time he saw "Baby Jesus!!!" It was so sweet and had everyone in there laughing. :-)

I just love this time of year and we have so many wonderful things planned in the next few weeks.  It truly is the most wonderful time of the year.

No comments: