Saturday, December 20, 2014

Class Christmas Parties

Thursday and Friday were the kids class Christmas parties.  They all decorated cookies, played games, and made crafts.  It was a sweet celebration at the mid-way point in their school years and fun for me to see them with their friends.




On Thursday evening Handley was writing a thank you note and she told me, "I'm going to be so excited after Christmas because I just LOVE writing thank you notes."  I laughed and she replied with, "Really!  I don't know why, but I just love it." I thought it was so funny for her to say that because I also love writing thank you notes and from very early on I have tried to train the kids that it is the thing to do after someone gives you a gift or does something nice for you.  She's turning into Little Miss Manners, which I love. :-)


And one more quick picture from an impromptu dinner and movie night with neighbors.  We walked over to the burger place across the street from our neighborhood and then went back to their house so the kids could watch a movie (complete with popcorn from the popcorn maker) and the adults could chat.  It was a fun night and I'm so thankful we have become such great friends with them!

No comments: