Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Christmas Happenings at School

Every year I say I'm going to get my shopping done early so that I can "enjoy" the Season, but I feel like every year I end up running around at the last minute trying to get everything done. 

I spend most of last week doing my last minute running around though because this week has been dedicated to all sorts of fun at the schools.  I have been and will be at one or both schools every single day this week (sometimes, twice) for one thing or another.  It's all fun stuff though and I'm so happy our schools plan meaningful experiences with and for the kids.  

On Monday, Santa came to visit at Hudson's school!  Parents weren't able to attend, but his teacher is always so great about taking pictures for us, so I got these a little later on that day.  



 He really does have the sweetest bunch of kids in his class.  He's usually falls into that "sweet" category, but we have had some major fit-throwing going on this week.  I don't know if it is because he is tired, because he is as stubborn as his Daddy, or if he is just at that age, but I've had to threaten to call Santa on more than one occasion.

This morning I got to be in Harper's class for their gingerbread house decorating.  She's been talking about this all week and all of the kids were super excited.  They were most excited about all of the candy.  Their sweet teacher told them all every time she rang the bell, they could pick one piece of candy to eat from the table.  You should have heard the squeals and giggles every time they heard the bell!


I've spent all evening finishing up teacher gifts for the girls, prepping for their class parties tomorrow, and getting myself organized for another busy, but fun day.  The countdown in on.  Only 2 more days until Winter Break!!!  

1 comment:

Julie, the mama said...

If this isn't the busiest week of the year for a mama, it is close. I've moved to Survival Mode by now, just trying to keep them halfway clean and fed.

Sounds like the kids all have great teachers. What a blessing that is!