Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Putting on a show

The girls spent all afternoon planning a big show they wanted to put on.  They got dressed in dance clothes, made decorations and signs and even had a concessions area.  The plan was after we were done with dinner they would perform.  And perform they did!

They first made sure everyone had refreshments for the show...which consisted of a fully stocked candy dish:

And then they got started.  My job, according to Handley, was to "pronounce" them and then start the music, so that's what I did.  And then they started dancing, cartwheeling, spinning, booty shaking and doing lots of tricking.  It was so cute and we all had so much fun watching and laughing with them.  I used to make up dances and put on shows all the time when I was little, so I just love seeing my girls do this, too.



Hudson is not one to be left out, so after his refreshments were gone, he hopped up and joined in the fun with their performance. He showed off his tumbling skills and ran around jumping from one couch to the next.

He was so cute today because when I let him pick out what shirt he wanted to wear he picked out this button up and told me he was just like daddy.


In other big news, I registered Harper for Kindergarten today! I still can't believe she is old enough to be going to that big elementary school.  I'm glad I can still call her a pre-schooler for at least a few more months.



1 comment:

Julie, the mama said...

So cute. We are into "shows" around here now, too.

Hilarious that you had to "pronounce" them and yay for concessions being offered.

Love the story about H and the button down.