Wednesday, March 19, 2014

I've trained him well

On Monday, Robby and I got invited to go to the Banff Film Festival World tour.  It was an event that lasted about 3 hours and they showed 8 short films that had won awards and gained recognition at the film festival.  All the films focused on nature and outdoors and/or extreme adventure sports including canyoning and mountain climbing.  Most were things I can say with certainty I will never even have the desire to attempt, but it was still a fun event and very entertaining.


Gigi and Papa graciously kept the kids for us and by the time we got home they were all sound asleep.  When I went in to check on Hudson before I went to bed I saw some of this clothes laying on the floor by his closet.  You see, every night before he goes to bed he helps me pick out his outfit for the next day. I can only imagine that Gigi put him to bed and he realized he didn't have his outfit laying out so he took it upon himself to do it. What I loved even more was his choices...preppy plaid pants, a gray thermal tee and his green dinosaur flip-flops. I had to grab my phone and snap a pic. Robby asked me what I was doing and my response was, "I've trained him well."  :-)


This has been one of those weeks where I got over committed and over scheduled before I realized what had happened.  That on top of the design choices at the house that need to be made have had me running like crazy all week.  This morning I foolishly had volunteered for something at Handley's school that required me to be there at 7 AM. Which meant, we all got up and out of here by 6:15.  Needless to say everyone was tired this afternoon.  Hudson was a trooper though and has been such a great little assistant to me all week when he wasn't in school.  Today we spent a good hour at Sherwin Williams and he was so happy and content.  Then as soon as we got back in the car I looked back and saw him sound asleep. That didn't stop me from running my errands because he still is so good about transferring and sleeping in the stroller.  This is what getting up at 6AM and spending an hour at the paint store will do to you!


For the record, he slept his way through Wal-Mart and only woke up in the car later after I woke him to eat lunch.

In other big news this week, I picked up a copy of the kids' new favorite movie, Frozen!  I heard on the radio that it was being released on Tuesday and my first stop after dropping the little ones at pre-school was to purchase this fantastic movie.  I think it was a big day for lots of families with young kids because all over Facebook were posts about watching the movie at home for the first time.  My kids were super excited when I showed it to them and we had a full on movie theater experience (dark room, popcorn and all) after school today!  And while they watched, I spent another hour looking at paint colors!



1 comment:

Carrie said...

That is SO AWESOME that Hudson laid his own clothes out!!!