Thursday, January 23, 2014

Almost Friday!

Another week come and almost gone.  Tomorrow is the 100th day of school for Handley and I can hardly believe she has already been in 1st grade for 100 days!  Her class has some really fun activities planned for tomorrow and she did her part by taking in 100 jelly beans for their special snack.

Earlier this week I got the sweetest phone call.  I was just about to head to the pre-school to pick up the littlest ones and my phone rang with a number I didn't recognize.  I answered to hear Harper on the other end saying, "Mommy!  I know your phone number!"  She was so excited and I was so happy to get that call.  Her class is working on learning their phone numbers and addresses and when they know their number her teacher lets them call on her cell phone.  Harper had been practicing over the weekend and it paid off!

Later that night on our way home from dance we passed by a Ferrari dealership that we see several times a week.  I think this was the first time Hudson noticed it though because as we drove by he pointed in awe and said, "I want to go there."  It cracked me up.  He loves matchbox cars and calls them all "race cars."  I know to him those looked like real life-size race cars.  He's such a boy.

Not only is he into cars and trucks and all things that shoot, he also is loving sticks right now. Like everywhere we go he finds a stick and has to bring it with us.  Here he was today coming out of a store and he was so happy to find a stick in the landscaping beds.


While the little ones were at pre-school I spent my morning volunteering in Handley's class and having lunch with her.  She has had a wonderful week and I'm so proud of the way she has really been trying to be on her very best (no talking in class) behavior.  I'm certain that she will earn her ipod back tomorrow.

After leaving the elementary school I picked up Harper and Hudson and we went to grab lunch.  Those two would drink the cheese dip if I let them.  They LOVE it and we have to hide the fact that we go from Handley because she loves it just as much as they do.


Tonight all three kids were wound up before bed and playing some sort of crazy wrestling game.  It is obvious that tomorrow is finally Friday because they are all a bit coo-coo!  We are all ready and excited about the weekend.




No comments: