Friday, February 11, 2011

On the verge of potty training...

Last night before bath time, Harper took off her diaper, ran into Handley's room to grab a pair of her panties.  She put them on (with some help), ran around like a crazy fool, and laughed like crazy.  She was SO excited to have them on and was just beside herself.  I was able to get a quick picture with my phone before she was off again.  

Doesn't she look so proud? :-)

She has been showing an interest in the potty for sometime now and I feel like she is really showing a lot of readiness signs.  I did a boot-camp type potty training with Handley just after her 2nd birthday and it worked like a charm. I'm planning to do something similar with Harper, but my only problem is I need to find a few uninterrupted days at home to do it and that is just hard when our schedules are so busy. However, I'm ready to make it my mission to carve out a few days that I can commit to being at home then I plan to go ahead and say goodbye to diapers.  I'm just thinking how wonderful it would be to have this done before Hudson arrives this summer.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

It's going to take some adjusting getting used to you referring to Hudson!!! :-) Good luck on the potty training! I know she will do great!

Erica said...

That would be great to have Harper out of diapers by the time Hudson arrives, wouldn't it?!

So sorry about this morning. We'd love to get together on Monday afternoon if y'all can.