Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

Today was Handley's Valentine's Day party at school and I was excited to get to go into her class.  She loves when I can come to school with her and loves it even more when it's just the two of us.  Thankfully, my friend/neighbor Sheila was able to babysit Harper for me so that I could give all my attention to Handley.

Harper was thrilled with the idea of going to Sheila's and being about to play with Addyson.  She always has a lot of fun there and Sheila thinks of such great things to keep them entertained.  Today they decorated cookies with frosting and sprinkles, played outside, had lunch and lots of other fun things.  Harper was happy to be able to bring her backpack and her lunchbox and went straight in and started playing with Addyson.  She waved goodbye to me without any protest, so I was off and headed to Handley's school.


The school party included a lunch of fruit, Chick-fil-a nuggets, and the most adorable heart-shaped cheese. They also had cupcakes for dessert.  After all the kids were done with lunch it was time for the games and crafts.  I had planned two crafts for them to do and a few games.  The kids loved the "pin-the-heart" game, but the Valentine ring-toss was the clear favorite amongst this bunch.  (I purchased it from Oriental trading last year before Handley's 2-year-old party thinking I could use it each year for the kids' class parties.  So far it has proven to be a great purchase.)





On the ride home Handley loved looking at all the Valentine's she got from her classmates and especially checking out what kind of candy she got.  This afternoon we had plans to meet our friends Erica, Grace and Bonnie at the playground so we could enjoy the 60+ degree weather.   As we were getting ready to leave I agreed to let Handley bring a box of conversation hearts with her.  Harper, not to be left out, also got a little baggie of hearts.  I overheard Handley telling Harper that she was bringing hers so that she could share them with Grace at the playground.  She asked Harper if she was going to share her hearts with Bonnie and her response was, "MINE."  Then I heard Handley say, "Harper, sharing is a part of love and you love Bonnie so you should share your heart candy with her."  Harper's response was again, "MINE."  I'll have you know that she did not let those hearts out of her hot-little-hands until every last one was gone, but she was eager to share some graham crackers with Bonnie. :-)


Harper ran up to Bonnie as soon as she saw her and they both hugged.  So sweet!


Handley and Grace enjoyed playing on the slides, climbing on the monkey bars, running around the tennis courts and playing their version of hop-scotch.



 Since Robby was working late I ended up getting some take-out steak and salmon for us so we could enjoy a Valentine's Day dinner after the girls were in bed and after he got home.  It was a great way to end Valentine's Day 2011.

6 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

Love the pictures of those sweet girls.

And you and your crafts - oh how I wish we lived closer so my kids could get some exposure to some fun crafts!

Unknown said...

Awe! What a great Valentine's day!! We had a lot of fun with Harper and we love being able to babysit her! She is hysterical and has an enormous sweet personality!

Erica said...

I LOVE that picture of Harper and Bonnie!! And I also love Handley's sharing comment. So sweet. We had a lot of fun yesterday and can't wait to get together again soon!

Atkinson Family said...

Adorable! So glad you had a great heart day and some special Handley time! It looks like that baby girl is going to be ready for school! I know she had a blast with Sheila and Addyson. Glad you enjoyed a nice dinner to! WE Heart you guys!

Jason, Erin, Ella, and Colin said...

You are such a good room mom!

Jennifer said...

So much fun! (and I saw you wore my favorite shirt! :) ). I LOVE the pic of Bonnie and Harper. They are so cute together!