Thursday, February 17, 2011

Mimi is here!

My mom is in town this week and we couldn't be more excited to have her here.  The girls have been wanting me to do nothing for them and would prefer for "Mimi" to do it all.  Handley even insisted that I stay in the car this morning at school so that Mimi could walk her in all by herself.  I've enjoyed her being here, not only for the company, but also because it has allowed me to get a lot of things checked off my to-do list.
 

We have been enjoying this awesome weather by spending lots of time outdoors.  I've got major spring fever now and can't wait until this warm weather sticks around for good.  Handley is ready too because she keeps asking if she can wear nothing on her legs.  Her dislike of tights has worn off on Harper because now she is protesting when I try to dress her in them.

This afternoon we spent a while at the neighborhood playground.  Both Handley and Harper were thrilled to see their friends there and loved being able to run around outdoors with no coats on.  I wish I had a video camera rolling as Harper was saying goodbye to Dylan.  With both hands she grabbed a hold of his face, tilted her head, and went in for a BIG smooch.  The funny thing was that she wasn't satisfied with just one kiss so she kept following him around and kissing him again and again.  We were all cracking up and thankfully Dylan didn't seem to mind too much.

3 comments:

Renee said...

Handley looks a lot like your mom in that picture!! I love those dresses!! And loving the weather too!!

Erica said...

Isn't this weather amazing?!

Have fun with your mom!

Julie, the mama said...

I always get tickled about Handley not wanting to wear anything on her legs. I feel the same way.

So glad your mama is there. Isn't it just the BEST??? Hope our girls (and boy!) feel the same way about when we visit them one day!