Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Mama to Mommy

Harper has always called me Mama, but this week she started testing out Mommy and it seems to have stuck.  It sounds funny to hear that coming out of her mouth, but I guess I should get used to it.  The other transition she seems to have made is from a strong-willed, outgoing, and sometimes stubborn toddler into a full-fledged terrible-two toddler.  She's testing every limit, trying to be defiant, asserting her independence and pushing all the boundaries.  When I don't give in to her antics she screams, pitches a fit, and melts down.  As I told my mom, I'm going to have to put her in her place real soon because although I know this phase will pass, I'd like it to pass sooner than later.  I'll tell you one thing though, I sure do wish I could have a glass of wine right now.  As my grandmother told me tonight after spending a few hours with us, "I bet you are tired at night."  She's right, I am.

Today we had a jam-packed day.  After gathering some more cute accessories for Hudson's nursery we met my dad for lunch at the pizza place my brother works at.  Handley was SO excited to see Cameron at work and loved the fact that he was going to cook her pizza.  She is usually not a great eater and has to be convinced to eat more than a few bites of her meals.  However, today she ate every single bite of her piece of pizza.  She told me that she knew Cameron would be happy that she ate all of her lunch.

This afternoon we got to see Paxton for a while and Handley followed him around the whole time.  She has a major crush on him and it was so cute to see them playing together.  Harper was also pretty fond of  playing with him.




Other highlights of today included me finally finding the perfect nursery fabric at the 7th fabric store I had checked and getting to helping my cousin, Brookes, learn to sew and complete her first project.  We ended our day having Cameron and grandmother over to have dinner with us.  Handley was excited to show Memaw how to play her Leapster, while Harper loved toting around a bag and climbing up into her lap every few minutes.



5 comments:

Samantha said...

Ha -- Harper is a little spit-fire it seems! They are both so adorable in their own ways!

Julie, the mama said...

Oh, I remember the days when Boss was acting like a donkey and I was pregnant with Anna Bea so I couldn't have a glass of wine at night!

So glad you found the fabric. Can't wait to see the nursery. I know it will be fabulous. Just like everything you do.

Alison LeBlanc said...

Losing my nightly glass of wine if/when I get pregnant scares me!! You are doing great and if you have any tips for de-terriblizing, let me know!

Erica said...

Girl, I will be on your doorstep with a bottle of wine for you after Hudson is born! I'll bring one for myself, too ;-)

Bonnie also calls me mommy...unless she is screaming for me from her crib...then it's MAMAAA!

Jason, Erin, Ella, and Colin said...

Love seeing Harper and her bags; so funny! Don't worry about her "terrible twos," you are a great mom and will handle it wonderfully! Ella was acting like a monkey today (hence the reason I am having a glass of wine right now--haha).