Monday, August 30, 2010

First Day of School

Today was Handley's first day of 3-year-old pre-school.  She was excited to go this morning and when we got to her classroom she walked right in and didn't look back.  I think I was more nervous than she was!


When I picked her up this afternoon she was happy to see us, and was all smiles.  She talked the entire ride home about what they did, her friends and the books they read.  Robby and I talked to her last night about the importance of following directions, listening to her teachers, and being a sweet girl.  She was excited to report to me that she followed all the directions ("even though some boys didn't follow directions" - her words).  She also told me as we were coming inside that she didn't want to play, she just wanted to rest and watch a show because she had played enough at school.  I guess she was worn out!

5 comments:

Erica said...

She looks adorable and I'm so glad she had a great first day!

Alison LeBlanc said...

Both of your girls look adorable (as always!). Glad to hear that she enjoyed her day so much. She seems so mature- giving herself rest-time!

Katie Jones said...

Handley looks gorgeous as always, but Harper's facial expression is cracking me up - so cute! I'm glad Handley had such a great day at school!

Atkinson Family said...

What a big girl! Sounds like a great first day in3 year old preschool!

Julie, the mama said...

So glad the first day went so well. Those pictures sure are cute...those girls are some kind of cute!