Monday, August 23, 2010

Hummus and Girlfriends

This evening while I was trying to get dinner ready I put a bowl of carrot sticks and some hummus on the counter for the girls' appetizer (or appletizer, as Handley likes to say).  When I turned around I saw that Harper decided to forgo the carrots and just focus on the hummus.



This weekend I spent some quality time with some girlfriends.  I love being at home with the girls everyday and really feel lucky to have that opportunity.  I also think it's really important to have some "me time" and to stay close to girlfriends.  We had our monthly girls night out on Saturday at The Dinner Afare .  It's one of those places that has every ingredient for the specific recipes prepared for you and you just put the meals together.  I'm excited to have a lot of delicious meals ready to go when I need them.  I loved it because I got to prepare some meals that I know I never would have done on my own, but that I can't wait to try.  After that we went to dinner at one of my favorites, Cheesecake Factory. Yummy.

On Sunday I attended a baby shower for my friend Lizzi.  Our end of the table was such a hoot.  There were lots of pregnant friends and one of Lizzi's other friends is a Labor and Delivery nurse and was sitting on our end of the table.  We were all cracking up and I loved all the baby talk.  I can hardly wait for all of the new babies to start arriving.
Me (the not pregnant one),  Lisa (due in 2 weeks), Lizzi (due in Oct) and Jen (due late Jan/early Feb)

A big THANK YOU to Gigi and Papa who came over to help watch the girls on Sunday while I was gone so Robby could get some stuff done around the house.

2 comments:

Allison D said...

Girls nights are a MUST! I remember Lizzi from college (frat parties and such, of course). Every time I turn around I have another small world moment. Crazy.

Erica said...

What a fun girls' night out! I've been wanting to go to that place. You'll have to tell me all about it. And you look gorgeous in the baby shower picture!