Friday, August 20, 2010

Busy day

Today has been an extremely busy day.  We started the morning bright and early with Handley's last ballet class of the summer.  She has learned so much in 12 weeks and really enjoyed her class. I kind of wish I would have signed her up for ballet this fall, but we decided to give gymnastics a try instead and with pre-school 3 days a week I didn't want to over-do it.  However, seeing how well she did in the ballet class I might try to get her in a class later this fall or winter.

While the big sisters, Handley and Avery, were twirling away, Harper and Dylan got to play together.  Harper just loves Dylan.  He is the cutest thing and she has a major crush on him.  Every time I tell her we are going to see him her face lights up and she is always quick to share toys or even her snacks with him.  Today she kept him entertained with goldfish.

After ballet we were off to Handley's first gymnastics class.  She did a tumbling class last year, but this is in a real gym and she did really well for her first day.  She listened, followed directions, and tried her hardest at every skill. They got to do the beams, bars, floor, trampoline and vault.  The didn't stop moving once during the 45 minute class.  Her friend Addyson is doing the class with her so the two of them were a hoot together.

After gymnastics we went to lunch and then even made a quick stop by Rita's Italian Ice for a special cool treat on this hot day. It was delicious and made everyone smile!

Tonight, Avery is coming over for a special sleep-over.  The fun just doesn't stop around here!

4 comments:

Alison LeBlanc said...

Wow, that is busy! I'm curious about gymnastics, I think Finnan would really like it, but like you with three days of pre-school, I don't want to be over scheduled!

Jason, Erin, Ella, and Colin said...

That is one jam-packed day!! So much fun:)

Atkinson Family said...

Handley looks like a rockstar! I am so excited to hear all about this slumber party, thank you! I am so happy that Harper takes such good care of Dylan I sure hope that lasts a few years! She is a doll!

Erica said...

Such a fun day! Have a great slumber party!!