Monday, August 11, 2008

Shake your booty!

We spent this past weekend up at the lake. On Saturday afternoon we met up with some friends who also have a house up there and who have a really nice wake-board boat. It is complete with ballast tanks, "fat sacs" (0nly those of you who wake-board will know or care about what these are), and enough speakers to run a nightclub with. You can seriously hear them coming from the other side of the lake. It is a bit obnoxious, but fun at the same time. Apparently, the music gives the person riding on the wake-board more courage and guts to throw some pretty big tricks. Robby attempted a flip a few times and was "this close" to landing it.



When we hopped on their boat they told me that the front would be the quietest place for me to sit with Handley. Well, um, let me just say that if the front was supposed to be the quietest place, I certainly didn't want to be in the back of the boat. The music was so loud that I couldn't even hear myself think or talk and let's just say their selection of music (rap) was not what I would have chosen for my 14 month old to be listening to. I was about to ask them to turn it down until Handley stood up and started dancing like I'd never seen her dance before. It was hilarious. Robby and I were dying laughing and could not believe our eyes. Then she kept busting out all these new moves and I don't even know where she got them. She was entertaining everyone else on the boat too and had a blast flirting with all the guys. I can't wait for the teenage years....j/k!



When the day was over and we got back onto our quiet boat, she told her Daddy that she wanted a boat like theirs. :-) I can't believe that I don't have a single picture or video of her dancing or of the amazing wake-boarding, but we're heading up again next weekend, so hopefully I'll have some to post then.

1 comment:

Kathy Mills said...

Tell Robby to get his boat ready. Marlee is ready to boogie:-)