Saturday, August 2, 2008

Beach Vacation



I haven't posted in over a week, so this is going to be pretty long, but there are lots of fun pictures, so read on...and on...and on!



Our week at the beach was so wonderful! We were in Wilmington, NC at Wrightsville Beach. We had a beach house rented for the week, only one house back from the beach. It had a great view and was so convenient.

I really loved being around my whole family for the week and letting my parents experience Handley's fun personality for themselves all week long.

We spent everyday on the beach, watching Handley play in the sand, splash in the water, and beg for snacks from anyone who would share with her. My mom says there must be something about being on the beach that makes kids want to snack!






I will say that during this vacation I got a lot more sand in my bathing suit than I have in a very long time. It was all worth it though to see Handley enjoying herself so much!

Most of our evenings were spent hanging out on the big porch and listening to the sounds of the ocean or to Cameron, my youngest brother, playing the guitar. Robby even gave it a try, although we all agreed he needed a lot of practice!

Stefanie and Trey looked like pros at paddle ball and every time their ball would get away from them, you can be sure Handley was all over it!


Don't they make such a cute couple?!

Handley's favorite thing about coming back up from the beach was that she got to take off her bathing suit and wash off the sand.


5 comments:

Katie Jones said...

These pictures are all so great! Looks like you all had an amazing time. I love the one of you and Handley sitting in the water where she's holding her toe, and the one of your family from behind... we have some of us like that, too. I know what you mean about more sand in your suit! Our trip was actually the most fun I've had at the beach in years, though. I think kids make everything more fun... I enjoyed Halloween more this year, Christmas more this year, the beach more... it is just so fun to see all these things through your child's eyes, and you can be more of a kid yourself! I can't believe Handley's little tan lines. Too cute!

Stacey said...

I love the one of your family from the back sitting in the sand! That one is awesome...definitely worthy of a spot on a wall! Handley is definitely the little beach baby (or I guess I should say toddler, but that makes me sad to think of how fast they are growing up!)

The Dillards said...

Those are some great pictures. You have a little Coppertone baby on your hands :0) The UGA bathing suit is so cute. You look amazing as well.

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a great time. I love the pictures of Handley hosing herself off! They are all great!

Cara said...

It looks like you had a great vacation. Handley's at such a fun age. I love all of the pictures of her. So cute!