Monday, June 15, 2015

Handley's 8th Birthday Party

I can hardly believe that this past weekend we were celebrating Handley's 8th birthday!  Her real birthday isn't until Wednesday, but we had her party this weekend. We actually had a double birthday party for her and our neighbor who was also turning 8.  They offered to have it at their house (complete with a pool, sports court, and water slide bounce house) so we quickly said YES!  The kids all had so much fun and it was so hot that day, so the perfect day for a pool party.



The birthday girl and boy! 


We had an ice cream bar set-up and Handley decided that she would like cookies instead of a cake so of course we called on my friend, Christy, to make her famous iced cookies for the occasion!





Handley had invited friends from all different places.  A few from school, others from dance, some from the neighborhood, etc.  I told her to make a point to include everyone and introduce them all so that no one would feel left out.  At one point the girls were all sitting in a circle and going around telling their name, their favorite color, and how they knew Handley.  I have to imagine that was orchestrated by her!  It was the sweetest thing!



After all of the guests had left Handley opened what will probably stick out in her mind as the best gift ever.  A framed Taylor Swift photo and autographed CD and the news that we are all going to the Taylor Swift concert in October!!!!  It will be the girls and I, with our amazing neighbor and her son. We are so excited!!!  And, to say that totally made my Taylor Swift loving little girls dream, would be a huge understatement.  She was beyond thrilled.  :-)  

4 comments:

Cory (playdates and prescriptions) said...

WOW! Great party and awesome gift!!! My daughter would be thrilled too!! lol

Ashleigh Finger said...

Her show is AWESOME! You will LOVE it (and so will the girls). haha!

stevenjared0853 said...

What an incredible idea you have shared here! I will try this water park theme for my son’s birthday. Thanks for sharing this wonderful idea. Actually I am going to hire some reputed party planning services which will help me in finding best results on party city locations NY. I hope they will arrange a great birthday party for my son!

Kathrin Trujillo said...

Looks like everyone had a blast! And I see why, given that there was so much swimming, sliding and eating sweets that went on through the party. I hope more fun parties like this would be set for Handley in the future. All the best to your family!

Kathrin Trujillo @ Slides A Lot