Friday, March 20, 2015

St. Patrick's Day

I had not planned to do a lot for St. Patrick's Day this year besides the shamrock sprinkle cookies I bought at the grocery store.  However, the girls had other plans.  They came home from school on Monday excited about building a leprechaun trap.  If you read my last post, you will understand why I didn't have the energy, so I just gave them a shoe box, sent them to the playroom, and let them do their thing.  They were in there for a solid hour working and gluing and making the sweetest little trap.  They wanted it to look like a rainbow so that it would attract the leprechauns. They were so proud of their work, and I was, too! 


They did not catch a leprechaun, but they did get some golden chocolate coins and were very excited about those the next morning.  Apparently, there had been a leprechaun going around their school leaving foot prints and making messes, so they had a great day at school on Tuesday, too.  

We love any excuse for theme wear so you better believe we were decked out in our green.  :-) 


I had a fun playdate with Jen and her kids earlier in the day and then we went to dance that afternoon where Hudson proceeded to have another tantrum...awesome way to end the day.  



No comments: