Monday, August 6, 2012

Summer nights

My kids' bedtimes this summer have gotten later and later, but our summer nights have been so much fun that I haven't let it bother me.  Tonight was no exception.  After Hudson woke up from his nap this afternoon we woke Harper up and tried to play outside, but it was too hot so we decided to throw on our bathing suits and make our way to the pool for a little bit instead. After a quick swim and leftovers for dinner we made our way into the back yard to play.  The kids had so much fun playing back there and Hudson (even though he's still just crawling everywhere) was right in the middle of the fun.  It started to sprinkle around bath time so that was our cue to head inside.  On our way in we spotted a giant rainbow!  We ran to the front yard and took pictures before it really started raining. We didn't quite make it before the rain, but the kids had fun getting wet.  It was the perfect summer night.



Hudson sure is keeping me on my toes these days.  Like I mentioned, he still isn't walking, but he would win any speed crawling race, hands down.  He is SO fast.  He also has recently decided that he no longer is happy hanging out in the stroller or my arms.  If he's in the stroller and he gets bored with the snacks he screams and if he's in my arms he does a Houdini wiggle move to get down.  Makes for really fun outings.  I wouldn't mind so much if he could walk, but when he wants to get down and crawl around on the nasty floor of public places I cringe.  He has no interest in walking.  He can walk behind a push-toy and while holding our hands, but doesn't like to do it, and certainly not if we want him to.  The second I get him on his feet he sits right back down to crawl.  I know he'll do it in his own time, but until then, I'll just keep sanitizing him anytime he forces me to let him crawl around in unclean places.

And lastly, I just had to share some of these awesome pictures that Jen took for us at the beach.  I'm so lucky that my best friend is also an amazing photographer (At First Sight Photography) and just happened to be on vacation with us.  Love them and can't wait to get one blown up really big in my house!








3 comments:

Alison LeBlanc said...

Three beautiful children! So glad to hear that you are having such a great summer.

max harrell said...

The beach pictures really capture the beauty of your family and the ocean. Your children are a treasure, may the memories of the fun days of summer remain in your heart forever. This is indeed a special time in your life, it delights me that you enjoy your family and your lifestyle. Every season of family time is special.

I laughed about Hudson and his walking. It reminded me that Boss did not walk until Julie put away all of his toys he used to walk behind. He started walking within minutes of her doing that. Little guys are something else.

Thanks for letting us enjoy your summer with you. Your blog is great, I look forward to every post.

Carol Harrell

Ashleigh Finger said...

Your pictures are beautiful! Such a pretty family :)