Saturday, July 7, 2012

What we've been up to

Since being back from our beach vacation, we haven't stopped.  Monday morning the girls and I had a dentist appointment.  This was Harper's first visit to the dentist and she did great.


Next we made our way to the lake to celebrate the Fourth of July.  We had fun out on the boat all day and that night Robby took Handley back out to see the fireworks.  Harper says they are too loud of her so she stayed home with me and did sparklers, which she loved!



Thursday Robby had to work so I took the kids to pick blueberries.  It was really hot so we didn't stay too long, but we were there long enough to taste a good many while we were picking and to get a pound of berries to take home with us.


Gigi and Papa came up to the lake with us on Friday and spent today out on the water with us all day.  It was so much fun.  Being on the boat all day you would think we might have some mini-meltdowns from the kids, but no.  They all love it up here so much and have the best time.  We did some tubing, swam and played at a beach, and did lots of wake-boarding today.  Harper kept talking about wanting to try with Robby and she did!  She didn't seem to hesitate at all and I was pretty surprised considering the last time she tried she told me she wasn't going to do it again until she was five.



Once up she started climbing up onto his shoulders.


Tada!  She is getting pretty brave.


Next up was Handley's turn.  She likes riding on her own board, but with Robby helping her out.  He rests her board on top of his to get her up out of the water and then eases her in the water so she can get a feel of being behind the boat and balancing on her board.  We tried getting her to do it by herself today, but she wasn't too keen on the idea and we didn't want to push it.






Papa and I even gave it a whirl.  I got brave and decided to try to jump.  I got a little air, right before face-planting and giving myself a little whiplash.  That stunt reminded me why I prefer to go in a straight line right behind the boat.



Hudson absolutely LOVES driving the boat now.  He struggles to get out of my arms and crawl over to Robby's lap so he can drive.  Handley likes it too.



Oh, and he also loves corn.  


No comments: