Sunday, July 1, 2012

Day 4 - Golfing, Cocktails, and BOGO

While the guys were golfing early Wednesday morning, Jen and I had a great breakfast with the kids and then started the difficult task of getting all four kids and all the "stuff" down to the beach by ourselves.  We even had agreed on taking the bare minimum, but it was still quite a task.  We definitely got our arm workouts in this week.




After some fun on the beach we had lunch by the pool and decided that we'd definitely earned our frozen cocktails that day.  I even let the girls have kiddie cocktails, which they were super excited about.


We got back to the room just in time to meet up with the guys who were just returning from golf.  I put Hudson down for his nap and then Jen listened out for him while Robby and I took the girls back out to swim in the ocean.

That night we ate a restaurant someone had recommended.  We were told that it had great food, an awesome water view, was kid-friendly and that the entrees were BOGO (buy one get one free) from 5-6 PM.  We were definitely the first ones there and the doors weren't even open when we arrived so we checked out the boats while we waited.  When we finally walked in to find white table cloths and pretty fine looking china on the tables.  Not exactly my idea of kid-friendly, but the food and view were really great so it ended up working out just fine.




 On the way back to the hotel we stopped by a beach store to let Handley pick out a boogie board so she could try riding the waves on our last few days at the beach.  Then it was time for photos on the beach!  Thanks to Jen we got some really great ones and I'm so excited about making one of these really big in my house.  I'll share them as soon as I get them from her.

No comments: