Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Matchy-Matchy

It's no secret I love my kids to match and coordinate.  The girls are having just as much fun as I am picking out their new summer outfits each day.




Today was the first time in a VERY long time that we had absolutely nothing planned after school.  I loved it and needed a day like today.  Hudson's new routine includes taking a short cat-nap in the stroller while I run and then taking a 3 hour nap in the afternoons.  It's wonderful, but usually I have to wake him up so that we can get to ballet, soccer, playgroup, etc.  Today was nice though because he could just sleep and sleep.  After he finally woke up we made our way outside to play a little. The girls stayed entertained with their Polly Pocket pool set.  They had fun helping the little dolls splash around.


Tomorrow Harper is going to get to splash around a lot.  Her class is having "water day" at school.  To prepare I had her try on her bathing suits to decide which she wanted to wear.  Unfortunately, almost every single one of the 3T suits I had for her are too small.  Thankfully, all I had to do was head down to the basement and pull out Handley's 4T suits from last summer and most of them fit much better.  As Harper was trying them on she informed me that she likes ones with ruffles and that show her belly.  Then she wanted me to take her picture.  She's sassy, sweet, and going to be a handful when she's a teenager. :-)

One other little note I want to remember.  After I'd put Hudson to bed he wasn't going to sleep right away like he normally does.  Handley went to check his video monitor and came running it with it laughing.  She was so tickled that he was sitting up just looking around and holding his lambie.  He's just figuring out how to get to a sitting position by himself, but this was the first time he's done it in his crib.  When I went in to lay him back down, he seemed confused and not quite sure why he was sitting up in the first place.  After that he went right to sleep.

3 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

Ok, now you KNOW I am having fits over those adorable kids in those adorable clothes! And how cute are those pictures. You MUST share your secret to get THREE to look at the camera and smile.

Finally, Harper cracks me up!

max harrell said...

Well by now you already know that I ♥ ♥ ♥ matchy, matchy. I loved it back in the days when our children were small and I love it even more today. Now you know where Julie, the mama gets it from and Carly is just the same way. I also love reading about your beautiful family. You are so blessed and you bless us with your sweetness. These are special days in your life and as the children grow the memories will become as valuable as gold. love & hughs to ya'll!

Alison LeBlanc said...

Harper is hysterical!