Monday, May 21, 2012

Going to need a long bath

Besides getting up with Hudson at 5:30 this morning, today was a great day.  I always love visiting my parents and love the kids getting to spend time with them and with my extended family.


This morning I asked the girls what they wanted to do today and they told me they wanted to go to the store and use the kid carts.  I needed to go pick up a few things, so that is exactly what we did.  The local grocery store here has the carts and they are absolutely precious.


This evening we went back to my grandmother's house for a visit and the girls got to collect hickory nuts from the yard to throw in the water.  My brothers and I did this as kids and I remember thinking it was so much fun.  I love that my girls are able to enjoy this simple fun, too.


After that we went to Capt'n Bills for dinner (my aunt and uncle's restaurant/volley ball complex).  We got to see my brother, Cameron, some of my cousins and some of my aunts and uncles there.  It was tons of fun and the girls loved getting to play on the sand courts.  What started as putting their feet in the sand some how turned into rolling around in it.  Right after these pictures were taken Harper looked up at me and said, "We're going to need a long bath tonight."  She was right.  They were all filthy, but had the best time.


Tomorrow morning Hudson and I are going to make our way back home and the girls are going to stay the rest of the week with Mimi and Dadaw.  They are so excited and asked me several times today if I could go ahead and leave.  I know they'll have a blast here and I'm happy they will get to spend some special time with my parents.


1 comment:

Julie, the mama said...

LOVE that picture of you and your sweet boy. And LOVE that the girls are going to get in some fun time with the grandparents. What a GREAT way to kick off summer!