Thursday, May 24, 2012

Hudson's first word

Hudson started saying his first word a few weeks ago, but I wasn't sure if he really meant what he was saying.  I'm going to go ahead and call it.  He says "MAMA" and certainly means it for me.  It only took me having 3 kids to finally have one of them say Mama first.  Handley's first word was dog which is appropriate since she absolutely loved our dog.  Harper's first word was snack which doesn't really need any explanation.  The girl loves her snacks...always has. 

Not only has Hudson started saying mama but he has also become SO attached to me this week and is definitely going through major separation anxiety.  The second I put him down he starts fussing and if I don't pick him back up the fussing turns into full blown crying. 


 If I happen to walk across the room from him, he comes to find me and grabs onto my leg.

Coming to find me

What I saw all day
I'm hoping that part of this is because he is bored without the girls and that when he is reunited with them tomorrow he will be a little more entertained by them and not needing me by his side every second.  Today I vacuumed, pushed the cart at Target, and did just about everything in between while holding him.  While I enjoy the extra arm workout, I appreciate his happy smiles and laid back personality even more.  

The good news is that he wasn't crying all day.  He got so tickled when I put the sunglasses on him.  Of course he kept taking them off, but then wanted them back on.  



The girls are having a blast with my mom and dad.  They've gone to get their nails done, had frozen yogurt, visited my cousin that has baby ducks, and been to the beach.  I've been missing them and our house seems so quiet and weird without them here, but I'm glad they are having so much fun! 





1 comment:

Ashleigh Finger said...

Don't you love hearing that word! Kate is just like him about her sunglasses. She thinks its so funny to put them on!