Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Hudson - 10 months

I can hardly believe that I'm about to write this, but Hudson is 10 months old today!  As I mentioned in my last post, he started crawling over the weekend and he's figuring it out more and more and starting to crawl further distances now.  He does it most when he's not thinking about it like when a toy rolls away from him he wants to get.


 One of his favorite things to do right now is move these tiny books we have from the box they belong in to an empty swiffer box.  So random, I know, but this past weekend I was letting him play with the box and it wasn't until I started to clean up that I realized what he'd done.  Now it's a little game of his.




Another game of his is throwing his pacis out of the crib when I put him down for a nap or at night. He cries until I come back in and give them back to him.  The other day I could not find the one he'd thrown out and I couldn't even find any of our back-ups (he usually has 2 or 3 in there with him).  Then he started looking over the back and I finally moved the crib only to discover a little stash of about 6 hiding out back there.

He's telling me: Mommy please!!!  Just look back there...that's where all the pacis are and I NEED one right NOW!

He got to spend his day hanging out with his buddy, Parker.  I watched Parker for a little while this morning and the boys had fun on a walk together.  So much fun that Hudson didn't fall asleep like he normally does on our morning walk/run.


Tonight we celebrated our big 10 month boy with popsicles for everyone.  To say he enjoyed his first popsicle would be an understatement.  He and Parker split one, but I think next time Hudson can definitely finish off his own.




At 10 months Hudson:

  • loves books and gets so excited when we sit down to read. 
  • seems to be starting up with separation anxiety again and is happiest when he is in someone's arms or very close by.
  • has really started using toys the right way and loves trying to figure out how things work (opening and closing containers, stacking blocks, putting on the stacking rings, etc.). 
  • has started to try to pull up on chairs or the side of the bathtub. 
  • is eating mostly finger foods now and I'm trying to slowly get him off of baby food.  His favorite foods right now are macaroni and cheese and yogurt. 
  • is getting more teeth...I think some of his molars are starting to come in.  


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love Hudson's new game! That's too funny! The description of what Hudson is thinking in the picture of him freaking out in his crib is so perfect! That's probably word for word what he was really saying! LOL! So exciting that he's crawling!!!