Sunday, May 13, 2012

Hudson's crawling! (and Mother's Day)

Well I certainly didn't intend to take a blogging break, but that is exactly what happened this past week.  We've been busy with the end of school year stuff and I guess that just made me too tired to blog at night. Anyway, we've had a lot going on and the biggest piece of news to share is that our little buddy is finally crawling!  He was getting up in his hands and knees all last week, but this weekend is when the crawling actually began.  He's still pretty slow right now and keeps within a couple of feet of his starting spot, but I know if we give him another few days he will be all over the house.  He has already figured out how to get into things he has probably been eyeing for months, like the magazines, and the new stuff that is within his reach, like the princess art easel that was sitting under the kids table in the kitchen (it won't be there much longer because, as you can see below, it's quite the attraction for him.)







We had planned to spend this Mother's Day weekend at the lake, but the weather wasn't cooperating, so we ended up coming home late last night.  Today we just had a lazy, rainy day around here.  Robby did vacuum for me this morning and I didn't even have to thank him because Harper spoke my feelings for me.  As soon as he was done she gave him two thumbs up and said, "Great job, Dad.  Awesome!"  Later this afternoon, Harper dumped an entire bag of Cheez-its on the floor.  While trying to clean them up she managed to smash half of them into tiny crumbs in the carpet.  That was not so awesome, but when I started getting upset at her Robby came running to the rescue, vacuum in hand, to clean it up for me.  That was pretty awesome.  If only he could keep this up everyday...not just on Mother's Day. :-)

After being cooped up inside all day we decided to get dressed and head out to dinner.  I just had to wear my Mother's Day gift from the girls, which needs a little explaining.  Earlier last week, Gigi took the girls to the movies and on their way home they stopped by Target so she could let them pick out a gift for me.  As soon as they got home I went out to help get them out of the car and I saw a gift bag in the backseat.  Handley grabbed it and ran inside and must have hidden it.  As I got Harper out of the car she looked at me very seriously and said, "We didn't get you a Mother's Day gift."  All week long the girls kept telling secrets to each other and then Harper would always look at me and say, "We didn't get you a Mother's Day gift."  Well, surprise, surprise...they did get me a gift and before I opened it Gigi explained to me that this gift was 100% their pick.  She told me they were just precious holding hands, walking around Target and picking out what to get me.  Gigi had suggested some lotion and a few other things, but apparently Handley told her, "No, Mommy likes tank-tops and jewelry."  And that is exactly what I got.  A sparkly tank-top in my favorite color, turquoise, and some earrings and a bracelet to match.  They were SO proud of themselves as I was opening it.  The sparkles may have been a little much for BBQ at Jim-n-Nicks and frozen yogurt at RT tonight, but there was no way I wasn't going to wear their gift on Mother's Day.  As soon as Handley saw that I had put it on, her face was glowing and she kept telling me how pretty I looked.  It was the perfect way to end this Mother's Day.  



6 comments:

Alison LeBlanc said...

Those girls are too sweet! Love the tank top :) Yea for HUdson crawling, I always love it when my babies start to crawl!!

Jennifer said...

Happy Mother's Day!!! Yea for Hudson crawling...what an awesome present!! Watch out now...boys on the move. :) Love that the girls know you so well!!

Stefanie said...

What a cute story. They are so sweet! Happy belated Mother's Day! Glad you had a great day!

Ashleigh Finger said...

So very precious! I hope you had a great Mother's Day! You are such a good mom.
Yay for Hudson! I know you will be on the move a little more now :) These babies just keep growing too fast!

l said...

Hello,
A classmate passed the address of your blog on to me and I can't believe you have 3 beautiful kids already. Not sure if you remember us, but you taught us in Mrs. Aldridge's class at Barrow elementary back in Athens, GA about 10-11 years ago. Your name back then was Ms Spivey and I remember you gave us portraits of yourself winning a pageant. Anyway it is great to see you are doing so well and have such a wonderful family.

Unknown said...

SO adorable! They know you well!